TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzcasd

Standard Member
Jul 15, 2022
Just submitted an application for Browne Jacobson and the email says the following:
"If over the next few weeks you don't hear from us again, then regrettably we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion."
How much time is 'next few weeks'? 2-3?
Hey, I recently applied to Browne Jacobson and was under the impression that applications are non-rolling. The email I received after submitting also said "Please note however, that all applications for a Training Contract and Summer Vacation Scheme will be reviewed after the relevant closing date when we will contact you again."
I think the first part of their mail does not apply to Vac Scheme/ TC applicants, but I may be wrong!

Reactions: ds

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
Hey, I recently applied to Browne Jacobson and was under the impression that applications are non-rolling. The email I received after submitting also said "Please note however, that all applications for a Training Contract and Summer Vacation Scheme will be reviewed after the relevant closing date when we will contact you again."
I think the first part of their mail does not apply to Vac Scheme/ TC applicants, but I may be wrong!
Yeah, it is non-rolling. I think what they mean by the 'next few weeks' part of the email is that they won't be contacting us if we've been rejected - that's why I was asking how much time is 'next few weeks'

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
Has anyone else just not heard from W&C post-app? I’ve seen lots of VIs, and some rejections post-app. I know that they’re generally quite slow; does this mean that they genuinely consider everyone’s application?
Hey! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't heard at all post-app either. I was told by email (6th of March) that they are still reviewing applications and do not have a specific timeline with regards to reviewing applications, so I am hopeful that they're still sifting through applications.

• ℹ️
Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Hey! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't heard at all post-app either. I was told by email (6th of March) that they are still reviewing applications and do not have a specific timeline with regards to reviewing applications, so I am hopeful that they're still sifting through applications.
That’s really helpful to know - thanks!

Reactions: Seven

N_16

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 11, 2022
Has anyone else just not heard from W&C post-app? I’ve seen lots of VIs, and some rejections post-app. I know that they’re generally quite slow; does this mean that they genuinely consider everyone’s application?
I applied on October 16th (first preference was Winter) and still haven't heard back!

Fd321

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Mar 3, 2023
@Jessica Booker hey, If a firm rejects for a VS but you got to the AC and in their rejection they say if you applied for a TC, this will be considered separately, how likely do you think it is that you’ll hear any more from them? Obviously I don’t expect you to know but I would just presume I won’t be hearing from them again if they’ve already rejected me, do you think this is just them being polite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.