TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKLaw

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
Shoosmiths Manchester rejection, and that marks the end of my first app cycle. Now with the LLB final year pressure next year 🙃 Do law firms hire a year in advance or most of them do 2 years ia?

DKLaw

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
Mine is nearly ending too, with no VS offers so far :(

Does anyone know what you do if you have not received a VS offer during second year of University? Do you try again third year?
Same question, except for me it's fourth year due to the llb being 4 years here in Scotland. I guess we have to apply for training contracts mostly instead of VS if it's a year in advance but not sure

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Mine is nearly ending too, with no VS offers so far :(

Does anyone know what you do if you have not received a VS offer during second year of University? Do you try again third year?
    Yep try again in third year. I got rejected from everything in 2nd year but managed to get a VS in 3rd year. I did more apps and definitely improved myself interview and application wise tho using the experience I had in 2nd year. You got this! 💪

Reactions: Law Student

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys

Wondering if anyone or @Jessica Booker can help with the following questions:

1) Do firms expect to see AS level results in addition to A levels detailed on the form?
    2) Do I need to declare a resit I did at AS level? The firm doesn't ask about resits on their application form.
    3) I did IGCSE but there's no option to pick this so can I just put them down as GCSE? They're very similar.
    4) I did a foundation year before going onto to do my degree. Do I need to detail the modules for my foundation year or can I just state the overall % achieved.

Thanks in advance!
    1) Not necessarily, as many people don't have AS levels. It really depends on what the individual law firm is asking you to submit though.

2) Look at the specificness of the question - if it says "have you ever had a resit an exam" then I would declare it, but if it is just asking you whether you have had to resit your degree/degree modules, then I would not.

3) This is fine - otherwise choose the “other” option.

4) I would put down all the module results

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.