TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomar

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 20, 2022
Hi there - has anyone else been having difficulty getting a CAS from BPP for the PGDL once you have submitted all your passport/visa information to them? Please DM me if you have a similar situation

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Would you advise for or against talking about Forage virtual work experience programs you've done for other firms in your cover letter if the firm you're applying to doesn't offer one?
I wouldn’t say avoid it as it’s great evidence to have - I just wouldn’t dedicate a lot of wording to it.

A brief reference is typically sufficient, and you can focus more on the topic than the firm if that helps too - e.g. “Having completed Forage programmes in M&A and Intellectual Property, I have developed X skills and gained a greater understanding of Y”

Throwaway1

Jul 6, 2023
Hi Jess, in Easter I was offered and accepted a TC with a really good firm but not my top choice. I tried to negotiate the acceptance period and mentioned my other vacation scheme in summer but due to no wiggle room I accepted. I have now been offered a TC with my dream firm in London and I would really like to take this but nervous about how to renege, if I tell them why, and if this will go on a record as I may have broken a code in doing another vac scheme after accepting a TC? Please can you let me know your thoughts?

Edit: I signed both Vs offers at the same time before recieving a tc, and my TC offer does not have a clause prohibiting doing other vacation schemes or accepting other tcs.

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jess, in Easter I was offered and accepted a TC with a really good firm but not my top choice. I tried to negotiate the acceptance period and mentioned my other vacation scheme in summer but due to no wiggle room I accepted. I have now been offered a TC with my dream firm in London and I would really like to take this but nervous about how to renege, if I tell them why, and if this will go on a record as I may have broken a code in doing another vac scheme after accepting a TC? Please can you let me know your thoughts?

Edit: I signed both Vs offers at the same time before recieving a tc, and my TC offer does not have a clause prohibiting doing other vacation schemes or accepting other tcs.
The code that does exist is only voluntary and effectively is redundant - a firm couldn’t share information about you with another even if the code was formalised.

You don’t need to overthink this you just need to renege your offer.

The only issue is if you have received any financial support or received any process (even if it’s starting the onboarding processes) for a sponsored course from the firm you are reneging on.

The firm will need something in writing from you, but if you have a good relationship with the firm, you may want to call them ahead of reneging.

Reactions: laurabeaumont

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Follow up and unrelated: If we have been made a TC offer following a Vs, and told not to tell anyone or post on socials, are we ok to let our trainee buddy from a vac scheme know?
If they have said not to tell anyone, then I would take that as also not telling your trainee buddy unfortunately.

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 18, 2022
Hi, has anyone heard back from Links for their winter vac scheme? The deadline was 22nd June so I was wondering how many days they typically take to get back about the info on AC? :)
Just pushing this one back up. Does anyone have any updates? I wanted to understand how many days they typically take considering I'm having exams and will have to accommodate the interview if I get selected accordingly.

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
Just pushing this one back up. Does anyone have any updates? I wanted to understand how many days they typically take considering I'm having exams and will have to accommodate the interview if I get selected accordingly.
Winter Vac Scheme for Links usually opens in October, are you sure you're talking about the correct vacancy?

Reactions: Asil Ahmad
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.