TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

legallyells

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Hi guys! Has anyone heard from BCLP for their Spring VC? I applied for it on the 16th Oct and did the test and got the feedback on the 23rd but nothing on whether I passed to the next stage (VI) yet. I now it is rolling so I am afraid I already missed my chance.
hey, i applied on the 30th september and haven’t heard anything since receiving feedback on the test. from what i remember at the open day, it seems they do a semi-rolling approach so i definitely think you’d be fine applying mid oct.

Claristered

Mar 17, 2022
hey, i applied on the 30th september and haven’t heard anything since receiving feedback on the test. from what i remember at the open day, it seems they do a semi-rolling approach so i definitely think you’d be fine applying mid oct.
Hi! Thank you very much for letting me know! It definitively puts me at ease now. I will keep waiting and hope to hear back from them soon. If I may ask, when did you do the test and got the feedback? For me, I got the invite on the 16th and did it on the 22nd and got the feedback on the 23rd.

I also applied for their open day this december so I am also waiting on that but I think they wait until the deadline this week passes and then choose. How did this go for you?

Last edited:

legallyells

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Hi! Thank you very much for letting me know! It definitively puts me at ease now. I will keep waiting and hope to hear back from them soon. If I may ask, when did you do the test and got the feedback? For me, I got the invite on the 16th and did it on the 22nd and got the feedback on the 23rd.

I also applied for their open day this december so I am also waiting on that but I think they wait until the deadline this week passes and then choose. How did this go for you?
i applied on the 30th sept for the VS, then got the feedback on the 2nd oct. so it was pretty quick really! my bclp open day was 23rd feb, and I heard on the 10th, so about 2 weeks notice. fingers crossed for you for both!

Claristered

Mar 17, 2022
i applied on the 30th sept for the VS, then got the feedback on the 2nd oct. so it was pretty quick really! my bclp open day was 23rd feb, and I heard on the 10th, so about 2 weeks notice. fingers crossed for you for both!
Thank you so much for the help! Yeah it makes sense then. I did one at Clyde & Co a few years ago and they also told me with 2 weeks notice. I will wait until the end of November then. Please do keep me posted on how it goes for you and I will do the same.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.