TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

badmintonflyinginsect

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2023
For Linklaters' Pathfinder programme for first years, there's a section for "professional qualifications" in the application form and I'm unsure whether this means I need to put in my educational qualifications like GSCEs etc? Because there's no space or section for educational qualifications otherwise. And if I move on from this section, I will not be able to return and edit it. Would love it if someone could provide insight into this x

Reactions: Kodak123

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it okay in a VI for a 'why this firm' question to mention only 2 points but detail them ? Considering that the response time would be 90 seconds
Yes - that would be fine. You can always do a quick concluding sentence like “I am also impressed by the firm’s X and X, but the two key reasons for my application are those I have mentioned”.

Reactions: tanamontana

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Some of these law firm names really do tickle me. I was showing my partner the list of firms I've applied to and they asked "Do you really want to be a Wombler Bonder?" and it has set me off for the night 🫡
    Reminds me of the Wombles of Wimbledon

I reckon the Wombles of Wimbledon are WBD Partners of the past...

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.