Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hello @Jessica Booker ! I did an AC a couple weeks ago and the firm said they’d get back to me within a week but I haven’t heard yet. What could this mean? Should I be preparing myself for a pfo or does it mean they liked me enough not to pfo straight away but not enough to offer straight away?

Should I email to follow up or wait patiently for their reply? I don’t want to come across as impatient!
I would wait until Friday morning and then if you haven’t heard back by then, send them a brief email asking for further details of their timelines/when you should hear back.

midnightsky990422

Star Member
Premium Member
Sep 10, 2023
@Jessica Booker @Jaysen @axelbeugre if you have any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated ☺️
Hi guys, is anyone applying to Browne Jacobson? I was wondering how you're going about the work experience section given that it says "Please give details of your responsibilities and achievements and how they support your application". With the "how they support your application" part, does this mean that you have to say something like "this supports my application by xyz..." or is it enough to outline the context of the job, explain responsibilities and achievements, and then highlight the skills gained (ensuring that the skills highlighted are relevant to the role and what the firm is looking for) just like you would in any other work experience section. I think I might be over thinking this, but this is my first app cycle so could do with some guidance :)

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi guys, is anyone applying to Browne Jacobson? I was wondering how you're going about the work experience section given that it says "Please give details of your responsibilities and achievements and how they support your application". With the "how they support your application" part, does this mean that you have to say something like "this supports my application by xyz..." or is it enough to outline the context of the job, explain responsibilities and achievements, and then highlight the skills gained (ensuring that the skills highlighted are relevant to the role and what the firm is looking for) just like you would in any other work experience section. I think I might be over thinking this, but this is my first app cycle so could do with some guidance :)
I personally think that as you said it is enough to outline the context of the job, explain responsibilities and achievements, and then highlight the skills gained. The skills bit is what is supporting your application as you are supposedly highlighting another part of yourself.

Reactions: midnightsky990422

diligentbean

Jan 9, 2023
Hi - how did people pass the Reed Smith/ Baker McKenzie online tests? I don’t feel as though there’s much practice material out there and I found that a lot of the answers just didn’t make sense from a practical perspective. The tests were very similar but I got completely different personality results. Feeling pretty disillusioned, as at least I can study for the Watson Glaser. Have no idea how I could’ve done better (a lot of the options given for situations weren’t how I would respond, I picked the closest ones and tried to stay consistent).

Reactions: Cynthia14

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.