TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

mp2000

Distinguished Member
Jan 29, 2024
How did people do on the SH online assessment? I got medium for applied numerical and high for applied verbal. Once again, like my other Amberjack results, my pillars are awful....4,4,6,9. How did other people find this?

Gday33

Standard Member
Apr 21, 2024
A few questions…anyone:

- did the Norton Rose online assessment and heard further (I have the report)? Also - what did we think of the assessment itself??
- heard from HFW? Submitted April but gather they recruit a lot from VS / rolling.
- heard further from Mayer Brown after doing the online assessment? I have the report

zdzd

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2022
A few questions…anyone:

- did the Norton Rose online assessment and heard further (I have the report)? Also - what did we think of the assessment itself??
- heard from HFW? Submitted April but gather they recruit a lot from VS / rolling.
- heard further from Mayer Brown after doing the online assessment? I have the report
Can’t speak for HFW or MB, but the arctic shores test was definitely…not what I expected? I think I’m more used to Watson Glasers and SJTs so the mini game style of the assessment kinda took me by surprise. If you don’t mind sharing, what kind of feedback did you receive for it? I think I really struggled with mine even though it’s meant to be one of those things you can’t really prepare for

Gday33

Standard Member
Apr 21, 2024
Can’t speak for HFW or MB, but the arctic shores test was definitely…not what I expected? I think I’m more used to Watson Glasers and SJTs so the mini game style of the assessment kinda took me by surprise. If you don’t mind sharing, what kind of feedback did you receive for it? I think I really struggled with mine even though it’s meant to be one of those things you can’t really prepare for
I also thought I’d struggled - definitely was NOT what I expected 😂 but the feedback was okay, I had a mix of ‘middles’ and ‘rights’ whatever that means. I do wonder how they got all that from the games..!

zdzd

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2022
I also thought I’d struggled - definitely was NOT what I expected 😂 but the feedback was okay, I had a mix of ‘middles’ and ‘rights’ whatever that means. I do wonder how they got all that from the games..!
Yeah same! The first memory one absolutely spun my head 720°. It got to a point where I was convinced this cannot be a serious method of assessment 😭 but yeah, I got a similar feedback report and I was like “you’ve got all this from me inflating balloons and guessing whether someone’s facial expression is disgusted or angry?” Really not too sure what to think overall in terms of how I performed

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I have an offer for a VS in summer and am waiting to hear back from a spring VS on a TC decision. The summer firm has asked if I receive a TC offer from other firm to tell them - why would this be the case and could it negatively impact my chances to receive a TC from the summer firm?
Because they want to know if there is a risk that they lose you to another firm. It is not likely to be a negative - it may mean that the VS firm just understands you have a competitor offer and they may need to adjust their process/timescales to accommodate that should they want to offer you a TC.

cet1997

Standard Member
Apr 5, 2024
How did people do on the SH online assessment? I got medium for applied numerical and high for applied verbal. Once again, like my other Amberjack results, my pillars are awful....4,4,6,9. How did other people find this?
I got the same for verbal and numerical which I was surprised by usually I do a lot better in numerical. For the results mine are not great either. Especially getting a 4 on applied intellect got me a bit down but I also think you can't do really well on all 4 as your decisions need to lean towards one direction or the other. That's just my take. Let's see how things play out but I'm curious how they're going to weight the different aspects. The assessment, VI and application. Good luck :)

• 🤝
Reactions: mp2000

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.