TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

lawstudent2003

Oct 26, 2023
Hi all, just looking for some advice.
I have been offered a vacation scheme with a firm and they have given me the choice of two alternative weeks. I can only do the first week as the second week I am attending a scheme with a different firm.
They have asked me to provide an explanation as to why I am unavailable for that second week - Is it okay to state I am attending a scheme at another firm?
@Jessica Booker I would appreciate your advice on this :)
Thank you!

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, just looking for some advice.
I have been offered a vacation scheme with a firm and they have given me the choice of two alternative weeks. I can only do the first week as the second week I am attending a scheme with a different firm.
They have asked me to provide an explanation as to why I am unavailable for that second week - Is it okay to state I am attending a scheme at another firm?
@Jessica Booker I would appreciate your advice on this :)
Thank you!
Yes, it’s better to be honest about these things. Firms are used to their vacation scheme students doing multiple schemes. The only thing is they may ask why you can’t miss the equivalent week of the programme with the other firm rather than missing theirs.

Reactions: lawstudent2003

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.