TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

SS21

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
Is it normal to save a draft for a non-rolling app and to get a message saying:

"Your application has been added to your saved applications. It is available to complete for the next 30 days.
Please complete this application within the next 30 days."

I had no idea firms imposed a time limit on when you must complete the app...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it normal to save a draft for a non-rolling app and to get a message saying:

"Your application has been added to your saved applications. It is available to complete for the next 30 days.
Please complete this application within the next 30 days."

I had no idea firms imposed a time limit on when you must complete the app...
It’s part of a data protection process - it’s more difficult for them to hold data on you when you don’t formally submit it.

SS21

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
It’s part of a data protection process - it’s more difficult for them to hold data on you when you don’t formally submit it.
Thanks Jessica.

Can I withdraw my draft at this stage (and still apply later) as I only wanted to view the questions but now I feel rushed to apply within 30 days...

The deadline is 31st December - had I known they had a time limit, I wouldn't have started the app so early.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.