TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Charlottehollyx

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Has anyone yet to hear back from Taylor Wessing regarding a test invite?
I emailed them on Friday because they told me I'd hear by w/c 1 Dec and they said "We have had an unprecedented number of applications for our Vacation Scheme, and it is therefore taking us some time to review all of them. We are hoping to have informed everybody of their outcome by mid-January, so you should hear from us soon."

Wazflame

Sep 11, 2022
Does anyone know how the Linklaters Watson Glaser deadline works? I applied on the 13th, thinking I'd have until the 18th to complete the test (they said they give you 5 days), I was about to start the test today, and now it says I have 5 days from now (until the 22nd)

Don't get me wrong I'll take the extra time lol, but was wondering how it works, considering they also said "We ask that you complete the test as soon as possible within the next 5 days"

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello, I did an assessment centre for a firm last year and I am rewriting my "why firm" question to reapply this year. I was wondering whether it is appropriate to mention something that the partner said during my AC that inspired me and made me want to train at the firm.
thank you!
@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre
Yes - you can reference this as part of your reason. Remember it shouldn’t be your sole explanation, purely because something drew you to apply to the firm the first time around (before you met the partner at the AC), but it’s fine to reference something like this as part of your answer.

Reactions: Dakuai

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    @axelbeugre Can I ask for the question " Please add any supplementary educational information including extra study and international qualifications.", does it means I should add some summer school/ exchange programme? But if I do not have any these experience, can I just write some online courses and skills I have learnt?

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.