TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Thank you both!! Am I at a disadvantage if I apply for a Spring scheme over a Summer scheme if they both have the same rolling deadline? I assume they screen Spring ones first and there's a month until the deadline!
I do not think you are going to be at a disadvantage. Spring schemes are less competitive than Summer schemes since some international students cannot attend them (same goes with the Winter schemes) so I would say that you would have the same chances as if you were applying to the Summer scheme.

Reactions: futuretrainee2024

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    I do not think you are going to be at a disadvantage. Spring schemes are less competitive than Summer schemes since some international students cannot attend them (same goes with the Winter schemes) so I would say that you would have the same chances as if you were applying to the Summer scheme.
    Thank you Axel!

Reactions: axelbeugre

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    I think it means that you should choose the professional experiences which best showcase your ability, your interest in business and some level of competitiveness (meaning you had to go through a rigorous process to get). This does not mean that you cannot talk about more experiences in your answers though, it just means that they are satisfied with only four work experiences in that section. So, you are right, pick something that you are proud of!
    so is it better to put legal rather than non-legal?

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    so is it better to put legal rather than non-legal?
    Not necessarily, whatever you think it is worth it. For instance, I put working for an EU organisation, a fintech company and a small edtech company and a law firm. But 90% if my work experience is non-legal!

Ash2323

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2023
    We won’t hear until everyone’s done the test, so like mid-Jan most likely
    yup exactly, TW wrote on their invite to the online-test email :

"You will be notified whether you have reached the assessment centre stage in January. Assessment centres will be taking place between January and March."

MrHubertLouis

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 5, 2021
    Does anyone know if it’s too late to apply for Simmons & Simmons? I’ve seen people already receiving offers for SVS since it’s rolling. On their “Kickstart Your Career” page, it says applications are now closed, but on their “Graduate Opportunities” page, I can still access the form.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.