TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
In virtual interviews do firms use questions from the application form and if they do can you provide the same or similar answer as the one in the application form?
Short answer is yes. It isn’t unusual practice for them to clarify your work experience or answers to their application questions. I presume you would have to go into further detail, but ultimately what they’re looking for is clear communication and your enthusiasm. It is also common that interviewers wouldn’t haven’t necessarily read your entire application, especially if they have CV-blind policies or they have several candidates to interview.

Reactions: Giorgos

Happycloud100

Distinguished Member
Jan 8, 2024
Would love some advice on this test too!
I passed the test and I went all the way on quite a few tbh , I think I’ve found it pretty not productive to try and game it so I just answer honestly. I did go all the way on quite a few like about working on new things vs routine things. On a few I put it 3/4ths of the way (eg : in collaboration or independent work questions)

TheTCcommune

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 26, 2022
I passed the test and I went all the way on quite a few tbh , I think I’ve found it pretty not productive to try and game it so I just answer honestly. I did go all the way on quite a few like about working on new things vs routine things. On a few I put it 3/4ths of the way (eg : in collaboration or independent work questions)
Thank you for the insight! Do you have any other general tips? I feel like SJTs can be hard to know if you've done well/know how to improve performance on them

legallybrunette8

Esteemed Member
Sep 9, 2023
8cewct.jpg

77777law

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 22, 2023
30 questions 19 minutes to answer.

True, False and cannot say type questions

I completed 21 out of 30. Grad rec did not give me extra time as requested :(
Hi- thanks so much this is super helpful information! I was wondering how many questions you got per paragraph to read, is it 2 questions on the same paragraph or 3/4 on the same paragraph? Thanks! :)

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2023
Has anybody not heard back from CMS (either in regards to an AC invite or PFO?) - this would be post VI.

Thank you :)
I emailed them and all AC invites have been sent. But they said that “I may be invited if someone drops out”. So I’m guessing we’re on hold, cause PFOs have been sent

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Hi- thanks so much this is super helpful information! I was wondering how many questions you got per paragraph to read, is it 2 questions on the same paragraph or 3/4 on the same paragraph? Thanks! :)
    It’s 2 questions on the same paragraph - I recommend taking a practice test! You can find the link to practice in the same email they sent you for the test

I’m wondering what’s a good score.. does anyone know? (Osborne Clarke verbal reasoning test)

iz1

Jan 5, 2024
    In the same boat for Freshfields (I'm non-law), expected a PFO - nothing. Did the WG last week - other friend (non-law) who applied was rejected pre-WG and another friend (law) got an AC invite last week. One wonders if there might be another batch of slots coming out?? Ugh, this is really painful.
    Maybe they're too busy with the interviews right now and we're all going to get pfos in like a month 😭

• Wow
    Reactions: Chelsea1

OliviaPope

Distinguished Member
    Dec 7, 2023
    In the same boat for Freshfields (I'm non-law), expected a PFO - nothing. Did the WG last week - other friend (non-law) who applied was rejected pre-WG and another friend (law) got an AC invite last week. One wonders if there might be another batch of slots coming out?? Ugh, this is really painful.
    I’m hoping that we’re sort of on hold as we haven’t done super well in WG but haven’t totally failed it either?😭😭 and that they’ll send out more ACs if they’re running them until end of Feb but honestly who knows

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.