TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Hello, I received an email from the recruitment team at a law firm today, stating that I hadn't supplied my GCSE grades. I panicked and immediately replied, sending my grades and apologies. However, I just checked the portal, and my grades are already there. Should I email again and point this out? Also, will this negatively impact my application? I'm really stressed out because I put a lot of time into this application.
    This happened to me three times and at this point I’m taking it as a very good sign haha
    Both Macfarlanes and Slaughter and May requested my grades, which I thought were automatically there on Vantage, but weren't. After I sent them my grades, I progressed to the assessment centre with both firms. I experienced a similar issue with another firm through Vantage, but they rejected me without asking for my grades.

Just a week ago, Fieldfisher asked me for my A-level grades as they were missing from my application. Shortly after providing them, they moved me to the next stage.

I'm not suggesting this is always the case, and there's no certainty that you're being advanced to the next stage just because they're asking for your grades. However, I want to reassure you that it's not a negative sign, and I wouldn't worry about mentioning it. If they're impressed with your application, they'll likely move you forward.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.