TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

EllaClayton

Valued Member
Jan 23, 2023
is the test automatic and how was it? yet to send my application in for them still cant tackle their questions lol
Test was honestly quite long I thought! Bit more of a rigorous maths section than other tests but still doable in my opinion. Don’t believe it was automatic as the email said: We are pleased to confirm that you have been successful in getting through to the next stage of the process.

Honestly my tip for the questions is just don’t overthink them, I applied about 10 days ago and just trusted my gut and it seemed to work haha

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2022
Does Jones Day place any emphasis on whether or not applicants have completed their Forage programme? Given that they have a specific question about it on their portal?
from my experience, no. i think its more important that you understand how JD is different from their competitors and other law firms in the market (esp from other US law firms)

Reactions: Izzy1026

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    1. Describe why you want to be a trainee solicitor at Shoosmiths. (300)
    Should I solely focus on Shoosmiths? Or include a small part of why I want to be a solicitor?
    The question inevitably brings out why you want to be a lawyer but those answers must be tied into Shoosmiths. If it’s the work you’re interested in, add e.g Shoosmiths strategy of.

You have a lot of standalone points though for Shoosmiths you could mention like their culture, d&i, band 1 rankings, and interactions with the fee-earners.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.