TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

MrHubertLouis

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 5, 2021
@Jessica Booker do you know how firms feel about asking for an extension on Blended Assessment VI? I recently had 3 wisdom teeth removed surgically and the post-op recovering is taking longer than I expected. I’m afraid I won’t recover enough to do the VI before the deadline.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys, does anyone have any tips on how to best to tackle converting a 10,000 black interns summer internship to a TC where the firm considers the summer interns for a TC.
There is some great advice in these threads and posts:

Thread 'Converting your vacation scheme into a training contract - top tips in 2021'
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....to-a-training-contract-top-tips-in-2021.3454/

Post in thread 'TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24'
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-169320

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker do you know how firms feel about asking for an extension on Blended Assessment VI? I recently had 3 wisdom teeth removed surgically and the post-op recovering is taking longer than I expected. I’m afraid I won’t recover enough to do the VI before the deadline.
I don’t think there is any harm in asking. They may not be able to extend of their own deadlines mean it can’t go beyond this date, but there is absolutely no harm in asking whether it can.

Reactions: MrHubertLouis

SolicitorHopeful

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2022
Got this reply from Dechert regarding my spring vac scheme app following the written assessment/VI

"We are sorry that you are experiencing a delay following your second stage of the recruitment process. Due to high volumes of applications we are still reviewing the second stages of the recruitment process. We endeavour to deliver outcomes as promptly as possible to all applicants."

I'm confused tho, i've seen a post from someone saying they received an VS offer already?

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Those who have concluded this cycle without a TC or VS, what do you plan to do whilst presumably waiting for the next cycle? Also, those last cycle who didn't get anything, what did you do in the meantime?
    honestly try and get a job as a paralegal and if not im eyeing up on doing a masters because im quite interested in pursuing commercial law and understanding it a bit further [totally not an interview answer]

lawtrainee

Esteemed Member
    Oct 22, 2023
    Thanks for the replies! As a non-law student, I am struggling to apply to paralegal jobs given I have limited experience in commercial law. It is hard as law firms want legal experience, but to get this experience I need to already have had previous legal work. Apologies if this doesn't make sense and all advice welcomed!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.