Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker is it okay to email the senior associate and the member of grad rec that interviewed me to thank them for their time? Or would you prefer only grad rec?
If you have the senior associates email (eg they have it to you) then yes you can definitely do this. If you had to track down or guess the associate’s email, I get slightly more cautious in these circumstances. So depends on how accessible their email address was or if they gave it to you.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is there any rhyme or reason to how interviewers are allocated, particularly at AC? I have been interviewed by the Grad Rec Partner at two ACs now and not sure whether it's a good thing or if I'm just reading into it overly...

@Jessica Booker maybe this is something you have an insight into?
No reason at all - it’s likely to be fairly random.

The only thing is firms typically tend to avoid allocating you to someone you have any form of connection to, even if that feels quite minor/low level.

legallybrunette8

Esteemed Member
Sep 9, 2023
What does the email say? Haven't got one yet but fully expecting a PFO 🙃
"Many thanks again for applying to Gateley and for your patience in awaiting next steps following the video assessments. We have been delighted with the level of applications we’ve had through and we’re excited to progress to the next stage of recruitment.

Just to keep you informed of our timelines, these assessments are currently being reviewed and we should have the results available to us by the end of week commencing 11th March.

From then we can advise you if you have been successful in gaining a place on one of our assessment centres which are due to commence w/c 1st April."

then they list the available AC dates for the office i applied to - tbh i wouldnt look too much into this email rn, im pretty sure they send it to everyone so stay put!

• ℹ️
Reactions: midnightsky990422 and user254

tcplease2345

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2024
I graduated from law school in 2023 and applied for vacation schemes this cycle. I did make it to VI stages for a couple of firms and have three decisions pending. However, I not relying on these decisions and I am preparing for the next cycle now. I am not currently doing anything but I am looking for work experience so I have something to show for the next cycle.

What kind of work experience is preferred? that may put me at an advantage.

Happycloud100

Distinguished Member
Jan 8, 2024
I graduated from law school in 2023 and applied for vacation schemes this cycle. I did make it to VI stages for a couple of firms and have three decisions pending. However, I not relying on these decisions and I am preparing for the next cycle now. I am not currently doing anything but I am looking for work experience so I have something to show for the next cycle.

What kind of work experience is preferred? that may put me at an advantage.
I’ve found commercial experience in banking and PE helpful if you’re looking to apply to US firms

Reactions: Sharon Wu

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
There are so many more opportunities if you live in London. Where I live I could only dream for these kind of roles 🥹
Fully agree. London has a lot of opportunities (whether part time or not). If you work hard and focus, you are rewarded. In other parts of England, you either need connections or be lucky to even find a part time retail role

• 🤝
Reactions: Chelsea1

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.