TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Anyone else feeling like a fraud or like you won't know how to say anything right or just generally feel like they may mess up in the AC/interview? I will obviously prepare well beforehand but I can't help feel like they are looking for someone with like 99% commercial awareness/technical knowledge. Me on the other hand, I have like 10% commercial awareness and I can't even remember anything from contract.

Bristows better not ask me questions about my modules because I have the most horrible memory ever 😭 I just feel like they are looking for someone whose general knowledge is AMAZING and I barely have time to read the news these days-

Kld

Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 7, 2023
Anyone else feeling like a fraud or like you won't know how to say anything right or just generally feel like they may mess up in the AC/interview? I will obviously prepare well beforehand but I can't help feel like they are looking for someone with like 99% commercial awareness/technical knowledge. Me on the other hand, I have like 10% commercial awareness and I can't even remember anything from contract.

Bristows better not ask me questions about my modules because I have the most horrible memory ever 😭 I just feel like they are looking for someone whose general knowledge is AMAZING and I barely have time to read the news these days-
I think just know when you are in any kind of AC/interview setting, every candidate feels exactly the same way. I think it’s just classic imposter syndrome and we doubt ourselves and don’t see our strengths as readily as we see our flaws. That and anxiety spotlight, where you feel like there’s a glowing spotlight on you and your flaws, when no one else notices the small mistakes we all make. Just remind yourself you deserve to be at the table and everyone has weaknesses, that’s why we work in teams, so we can draw on one another’s strengths and improve!

Reactions: Miss Chocolate

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
Anyone else really bad at maths? I genuinely think it's a phenomena that most law students I meet can't do maths and yet a firm I was thinking about applying to says they now require a numerical reasoning test alongside the verbal. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: yasmars

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.