Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Out of interest Jessica, if I was asked this question at the end of the interview, what sort of things would you raise and how would you phrase it? “I’m interested in X hobby”, “I’ve done X work experience and developed X, Y, Z”?
There really isn’t a set approach as it will depend on what you are highlighting. I would probably start of by explaining why you think it’s important to highlight whatever it is though in the first instance, and then go on to detail whatever you think is relevant.

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
Nov 14, 2023
Bates Wells Vac Scheme! That brings my cycle to an end - thanks to everyone on TCLA for their insights over the last few months! I'm hoping not to be back having secured 3 vac schemes 😅 (except to frantically research how to convert them!) so good luck everyone with the rest of your applications - and a massive thanks again to everyone who's helped me!! ☺️☺️

Claristered

Mar 17, 2022
Hi guys! For those who applied for Lewis Silkin’s training contract this year, have you heard anything on whether you passed to the next stage after the application form? I still have not heard anything yet and I applied on the 1st of February. Thank you!
Hi guys! Still got nothing so far. Has anyone got a status outcome update from Lewis Silkin now? Thank you!

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2021
Pinsent (6 hour AC in person) prepped for a good 3 weeks and I was on holiday, I took my iPad and read Ziplaw everday. On my 7 hour flight back to the UK I purchased WiFi and worked solely on AC prep, my interview and case study were my top strengths in my AC, I got a PFO as I didn’t complete the in tray 😭 felt like a slap in the face.

Simmons (5 hour AC) I did prep the day of the AC as I was burnt out and thought I had secured Pinsent TC the day before 🤣🤣

Goodwin (45 min interview) I had prepped for 2 weeks or so but I also attended a mentoring class on a Saturday at 5am (time zone difference) to get a better insight to the firm. I think if I didn’t go to that I wouldn’t have got an offer.

Farrer (2 hour AC) I did no prep as there was no interview just written exercise and group assessment, having done these things in the other AC’s I felt like I didn’t need to prep.

I think it is dependant on how the firms AC is laid out, I found every single one different but the more I did them the better I got? I work full time and I sacrificed a decent amount of sleep for a few weeks to prep.

Hope this helps :)
Wait, what's an in tray? Also are these ACs for VSs or TCs? The Pinsent story brought me to tears :'( also what's the mentoring class?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.