Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi I just had a quick Q as to coffee chat etiquette. Is it advisable to ask a partner for a coffee chat (given how particularly busy they are), or is it best to gear chats towards associates etc
It doesn’t matter what level they are, just be selective with how many people you ask and focus with a very small number of people you really want to connect with for clear reasons.

Lots of people ask too many people and then end up spending too much time away from their desk where they then can’t say no to people they asked.

Reactions: ErickLawson2020

corplawperson23

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jun 7, 2022
It doesn’t matter what level they are, just be selective with how many people you ask and focus with a very small number of people you really want to connect with for clear reasons.

Lots of people ask too many people and then end up spending too much time away from their desk where they then can’t say no to people they asked.
Thank you, and noted!

legal1803

Feb 17, 2024
Have people received second-stage invitations from Stephenson Harwood? Me and my friend emailed them asking if all second-stage invitations had been given out but we both did not receive a reply - kinda worrying because they've replied to every other of our emails sent to them but not about this.

Is it likely then that they have been and I should assume PFO?

Reactions: ohnoselim

hkulsk2021

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 11, 2022
    I just got a video interview invite for Fragomen, would appreciate any insight into potential questions they may have! Please message me if you can help :) I can provide insights on some firms' interview questions as well. Cheers!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.