The final interview

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
(Reminder: These are posts I'm copying that Jaysen made in The Student Room)

The final interview will have some overlap with the vacation scheme interview – they’ll be looking to see your motivation/experience/commercial awareness. But now that you’ve been there for two weeks, it tends to focus more on how you found the scheme. So they’ll dig into your personality to see if you’re a good fit. It’s a bit tedious but I would suggest keeping a work log during the scheme and filling it with as much information as possible – who you worked with, who was the client, what you did, what you learned, how it fits into the bigger picture etc. Then when it comes to the interview, you’ll be able to use evidence to justify why you want to work at the firm. You’ll also be able to discuss what you did well and any areas you feel you could have done better – which tend to be popular questions post-vacation scheme.

We'll be posting a complete interview guide soon that runs through the most popular questions asked at interview.

D

Deleted member 21

Hi I could really use some help on these points:
I read somewhere that Free Trade Zones, duty drawback programmes and temporary bond options would be avenues to minimise tariffs - i tried researching with practical law what these are and how they work but in terms of temporary bond options I couldn`t find an explanation of how they apply to minimising tariffs - any insight would be of immense help!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi I could really use some help on these points:
    I read somewhere that Free Trade Zones, duty drawback programmes and temporary bond options would be avenues to minimise tariffs - i tried researching with practical law what these are and how they work but in terms of temporary bond options I couldn`t find an explanation of how they apply to minimising tariffs - any insight would be of immense help!

If you're temporarily importing a good then you may qualify for a Temporary Importation Under Bond (TIB). Usually, you've got to export or destroy the good after a certain amount of time and if you qualify, you can get duty-relief. I presume the article suggests that this can apply to tariffs - I'm not clear on this nor am I sure how useful it is for most businesses, but I suppose it's something to note.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.