• Working on your applications? Check out Shearman & Sterling's comprehensive guide to writing great training contract applications here.

Training Contract- my journey

Zoreen_Aziz

Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 12, 2021
Hi, my names Zoreen.

I have just started applying for training contracts, I got all the way to interview with my last one however experienced rejection due to my lack of commercial awareness. This is something I want to improve on massively so have become a Gold member and would be grateful for any guidance that is provided.

I am currently a Paralegal in Litigation but am looking to broaden my horizons so applying to firm where I can see myself fitting in around the Leeds/ Manchester area, I am not sure what area I want to qualify in so am currently keeping an open mind and applying to firms that are appealing to me.

Hoping with TCLA support I secure a training contract soon!

Thanks

Zoreen

Last edited:

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi, my names Zoreen.

I have just started applying for training contracts, I got all the way to interview with my last one however experienced rejection due to my lack of commercial awareness. This is something I want to improve on massively so have become a Gold member and would be grateful for any guidance that is provided.

I am currently a Paralegal in Litigation but am looking to broaden my horizons so applying to firm where I can see myself fitting in around the Leeds/ Manchester area, I am not sure what area I want to qualify in so am currently keeping an open mind and applying to firms that are appealing to me.

I lack a lot of confidence in my ability to write a convincing application, my ability to explain complex commercial topics and my all-round ability to navigate through the TC process in order to actually obtain an offer.

Hoping with TCLA support I secure a training contract soon!

Thanks

Zoreen
    Wishing you the best of luck this cycle Zoreen!

Reactions: Zoreen_Aziz