Training Contract- my journey

Zoreen_Aziz

Feb 12, 2021
Hi, my names Zoreen.

I have just started applying for training contracts, I got all the way to interview with my last one however experienced rejection due to my lack of commercial awareness. This is something I want to improve on massively so have become a Gold member and would be grateful for any guidance that is provided.

I am currently a Paralegal in Litigation but am looking to broaden my horizons so applying to firm where I can see myself fitting in around the Leeds/ Manchester area, I am not sure what area I want to qualify in so am currently keeping an open mind and applying to firms that are appealing to me.

Hoping with TCLA support I secure a training contract soon!

Thanks

Zoreen

Last edited:

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi, my names Zoreen.

I have just started applying for training contracts, I got all the way to interview with my last one however experienced rejection due to my lack of commercial awareness. This is something I want to improve on massively so have become a Gold member and would be grateful for any guidance that is provided.

I am currently a Paralegal in Litigation but am looking to broaden my horizons so applying to firm where I can see myself fitting in around the Leeds/ Manchester area, I am not sure what area I want to qualify in so am currently keeping an open mind and applying to firms that are appealing to me.

I lack a lot of confidence in my ability to write a convincing application, my ability to explain complex commercial topics and my all-round ability to navigate through the TC process in order to actually obtain an offer.

Hoping with TCLA support I secure a training contract soon!

Thanks

Zoreen
    Wishing you the best of luck this cycle Zoreen!

Reactions: Zoreen_Aziz

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.