Vinson & Elkins Video Interview

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
For the avoidance of doubt, when you start your VI with V&E, you can record your answer as many times as you wish.

You are given the question
You are invited to record an answer.
You must physically press "record" to record. Thus, allowing you time to prepare.
You have one minute to provide your answer.
Having recorded your answer, you can review it, save it, or re-record it. There are no limits to this.
Once you are happy. You save your answer and continue.

For those who are still interested in the questions (Honestly, you can just load up the VI and look at them without restriction), they are:

- Why non-rotational TC
- How your friends would describe you
- Biggest life lesson.

I hope this helps. I would also encourage anyone who is curious and worrying about doing the VI to simply load it up. There is no benefit to finding out the questions beforehand. There is no advantage to be gained by waiting for others to tell you how the interview went. Honestly, just load it up.

The best way to describe it would be to think that these are simply 3 further questions that are being asked on your application form. Just like the application form, you can load it up, review the questions and plan them in advance.

Zoo

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Apr 21, 2019
For the avoidance of doubt, when you start your VI with V&E, you can record your answer as many times as you wish.

You must physically press "record" to record. Thus, allowing you time to prepare.
Having recorded your answer, you can review it, save it, or re-record it. There are no limits to this.

For those who are still interested in the questions (Honestly, you can just load up the VI and look at them without restriction), they are:

- Why non-rotational TC
- Biggest life lesson.

I hope this helps. I would also encourage anyone who is curious and worrying about doing the VI to simply load it up. There is no benefit to finding out the questions beforehand. There is no advantage to be gained by waiting for others to tell you how the interview went. Honestly, just load it up.

The best way to describe it would be to think that these are simply 3 further questions that are being asked on your application form. Just like the application form, you can load it up, review the questions and plan them in advance.
Completely agree! I did it earlier on and had the same questions. Very chill compared to the other VIs that I’ve done

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Congrats

Congrats! Anyone else still waiting for news?
Congrats

Congrats! Anyone else still waiting for news?

I am still waiting but if their practice is the same as with the VI invites, they will send out all of the invites to the AC simultaneously, meaning that the successful applicants have already been invited to the AC, I think.

Reactions: D and Zoo

eg412

Standard Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hey everyone - just got an invitation to an office interview - never had an interview before so any insight/help would be greatly appreciated from people who have done it!

Also if you haven't heard from them yet, it might be worth sending an email as they called me to see if I got the email for the invitation today (I didn't and wasn't in my junk either), so don't lose hope if you haven't heard anything!

Reactions: M777

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018

- Why non-rotational TC
- Biggest life lesson.

For all of those who have PM'd me recently... please note this post.

D

Reactions: Emily Kate

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.