Weil Training Contract Application 2025

taylorkelce

Star Member
Premium Member
Jul 20, 2023
Hello all!

Hope everyone is progressing well with their Training Contract (TC) processes.

I have set up this forum to allow applicants to keep track of updates specifically related to the Weil TC applications for the 2025 programme.

Please share your current status, i.e., whether you have not yet applied, or have submitted the application and are either awaiting a response or have heard back etc.

Looking forward to speaking with you all :)

Thanks

Aug 28, 2023
Hi! It's great you've made this for us all to stay in contact.

I applied on 31/7 and unfortunately I still haven't heard back. I'm really tempted to just call Weil and ask when we'll hear back but I know it probs won't help my chances of success. It's likely not a great sign that I haven't heard back yet but I am not giving up, I'll just try not to obsess over a response and distract myself by researching other firms and preparing for winter vacation schemes.

BTW what other firms are similar to Weil in your opinion? I'm thinking maybe K&E, Latham, Skadden, MoFo and Davis Polk will be good alternatives if all else fails.

Louise59

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    Hi! It's great you've made this for us all to stay in contact.

I applied on 31/7 and unfortunately I still haven't heard back. I'm really tempted to just call Weil and ask when we'll hear back but I know it probs won't help my chances of success. It's likely not a great sign that I haven't heard back yet but I am not giving up, I'll just try not to obsess over a response and distract myself by researching other firms and preparing for winter vacation schemes.

BTW what other firms are similar to Weil in your opinion? I'm thinking maybe K&E, Latham, Skadden, MoFo and Davis Polk will be good alternatives if all else fails.
    Everyone is still waiting for Weil I think. I emailed the grad rec but no reply..

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is a sign to me that they are not the one, clearly they don't respect me as an applicant so I no longer respect them as a firm, Just like W&C.
    I get the frustration of not hearing, but sometimes firms just don’t have an update for you.

It’s not about disrespect to the candidate, it is just that there isn’t a message to give. I’ve lost count how many times I would have liked to have updated candidates but I wasn’t in a position where I could.

Reactions: Louise59 and AlexJ

Louise59

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Feb 13, 2023
    I get the frustration of not hearing, but sometimes firms just don’t have an update for you.

It’s not about disrespect to the candidate, it is just that there isn’t a message to give. I’ve lost count how many times I would have liked to have updated candidates but I wasn’t in a position where I could.
    Hi Jessica,

So you would say there is still a chance we might hear back ?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.