What are the ways you have demonstrated an entrepreneurial mindset?

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hey everyone!

As the question says, what ways have you demonstrated an entrepreneurial mindset/attitude?

I’ve always found it a tricky attribute to highlight as the usual examples are how somebody has launched XYZ company. While that’s fantastic, I unfortunately haven’t ran my own company!

I’m interested to know if others have used more ‘grounded’ examples to demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude to hopefully inspire me to dig deeper into my experiences and see what I can tease out!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hey everyone!

As the question says, what ways have you demonstrated an entrepreneurial mindset/attitude?

I’ve always found it a tricky attribute to highlight as the usual examples are how somebody has launched XYZ company. While that’s fantastic, I unfortunately haven’t ran my own company!

I’m interested to know if others have used more ‘grounded’ examples to demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude to hopefully inspire me to dig deeper into my experiences and see what I can tease out!
    Hi!

I always found this super tricky too and i am glad you have asked about it and brought it to the fore!

So I wasn't very active in university in terms of societies etc so I would use examples from my part-time work. I would talk about any times I had offered suggestions to improve the store and would also talk about the fact I was frequently recognised as one of our store's best sellers by adding value to transactions (i worked for Starbucks and we would try to up-sell pastry case items like cakes etc or ask someone if they wanted syrup in their plain latte for example to drive extra sales!). I am quite a 'keen suggester' in any work or position I have and love offering new ideas so i kind of took that strength of mine and framed it in such a way which demonstrates my innovative thinking etc which is just as valid a way to demonstrate entrepreneurialism!

I hope this helps!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Ricky and Lumree

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I agree, entrepreneurialism is about showing original thinking and spotting opportunities for improvement.

Thank you for sharing your examples, it’s given me the confidence to use examples I was on the fence about!

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Break it down what it means to have an entrepreneurial mindset - what things does that include?.

Here are some examples:
    https://stoppingscams.com/characteristics-of-an-entrepreneurial-mindset/
    https://medium.com/datadriveninvest...cs-of-an-entrepreneurial-mindset-2971430b8695
    http://questfusion.com/entrepreneurial-characteristics-mindset/

Pick a few of those and demonstrate using STAR how you have those attributes/characteristics/skills that form part of that mindset.

You definitely do not need to have started a Unicorn to demonstrate that you have an entrepreneurial mindset.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.