What is a law firm's business services sector?

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2021
I have an interview tomorrow (oops) to be an assistant (not paralegal, subordinate to this) at Mishcon de Reya. It's to be an assistant personnel at their Business Services office. I assumed this that just client-facing office, secretarial, because when looking at their website there's no "Business Services" page. Now I'm freaking out. Help??

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
I have an interview tomorrow (oops) to be an assistant (not paralegal, subordinate to this) at Mishcon de Reya. It's to be an assistant personnel at their Business Services office. I assumed this that just client-facing office, secretarial, because when looking at their website there's no "Business Services" page. Now I'm freaking out. Help??
Hi @hungry_for_TC,

Unfortunately I do not think that I can help you with this. Do you have a link to a page where MDR mention their Business Services office? All I can find is this page which seems to list the potential services that the firm offers to corporate clients.

Best of luck for the interview in any case!

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I'm not sure if this is the case, but could it be a role within the non-legal part of the business? Business services can entail areas such as Business Development, HR, Knowledge/Innovation, Tech etc. Basically anything that can support lawyers to do their work. Hard to know from the description but hopefully that gives you something to go on.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'm not sure if this is the case, but could it be a role within the non-legal part of the business? Business services can entail areas such as Business Development, HR, Knowledge/Innovation, Tech etc. Basically anything that can support lawyers to do their work. Hard to know from the description but hopefully that gives you something to go on.
    This is spot on.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    If you have access to The Lawyer, this article could somewhat shine a light in what the role you're interviewing for is about - https://www.thelawyer.com/mishcon-c...letter&utm_campaign=dnews&adg=PNIYY3kqoqwyab5

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 2, 2021
    Hi @hungry_for_TC,

Unfortunately I do not think that I can help you with this. Do you have a link to a page where MDR mention their Business Services office? All I can find is this page which seems to list the potential services that the firm offers to corporate clients.

Best of luck for the interview in any case!
    Thanks for finding this page and for your reply. I appreciate your time!!! And help!!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.