Which law firms are open for applications? 2018-19

Kazam

Star Member
Early Bird
Aug 13, 2018
Which is why I hate tests. You could have the most amazing application, work experiences etc. but get rejected because of a test.

I wish they tried tests on partners to see if it was an accurate test of ability.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Personally, I think it helps me not be too descriptive about the the issue and concise.

A point I mentioned on another thread here is that I think the key is to highlight genuine interest which can be backed up.

I very much agree. This is an opportunity to show a genuine interest in any commercial topic -- rather than trying to force an artificial link to law firms.

Reactions: SameerS

Reyak

Premium Member
    Sep 13, 2018
    The first question is an interesting one. It's not the usual, 'how can this commercial story relate to the firm and its clients', but instead - why does the commercial story interest 'you'.

Hi all,

I also find "introduce us to a topic you know about and explain why it interests you" unusual. Would it be wise to talk about how the 'topic' may impact on the firm, even though the question doesn't explicitly tell you to?

Edit: apologies - I missed Jaysen's post above. Seems like it is better use of the word count to discuss how/why it interests you rather than how it will impact on the firm.

Nicole

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hello everyone,

I know there have been a lot of firm insights kindly posted by @Jaysen, but does anyone know if there is one specific for HSF or Weil? I can't seem to find it on here.

Thank you!

Both of those firms will be new insights, so they are available to TCLA Premium members: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/pember/membership-new

@Jaysen is posting an insight on HSF tomorrow and I know Weil has been voted a couple of times so will probably follow soon.

Reactions: Reyak and Lat94

Lat94

Jun 23, 2018
    Reactions: Tom_1 and Hassan

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.