Which Law Firms Require Transcripts?

ergonomic

Dec 17, 2022
I am a student at Oxbridge and am thinking of applying for Law, however I got 60, 56 and 55 in my preliminary first year exams.

Please could you let me know which law firms don't require transcripts to be submitted. Also if I did have to submit the transcript how much would this disadvantage me?

Thanks and kind regards

Will Jones

Jun 5, 2020
For the purposes of the application you'll need to submit all of your first year grades for all law firms. It's still possible to get an interview with those grades but truthfully you're best off revising very hard next year, getting excellent grade and then making your big application push (in my humble opinion!)

henrymartyn

Apr 4, 2023
Many law firms require transcripts as part of their application process, especially for entry-level or junior associate positions. The reason for this is to assess a candidate's academic performance and potential for success in the legal field. Some law firms may have a minimum GPA requirement, and transcripts can provide an objective measure of a candidate's grades. However, not all law firms require transcripts, and the importance placed on them can vary depending on the firm's hiring policies and practices. It's always a good idea to check the specific requirements of each firm before applying.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.