White & Case Applications 2020/21

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Anyone got advice for the video interview?
Practice your answers in 1m30s - that will prepare you.

Research the firm's unique points e.g. international strategy, top practice areas, overseas seat etc.

Treat it as you're speaking to a person - pace your speaking and maintain eye contact with camera.

It only took me about 8-10 minutes so it'll be over before you know it - best of luck :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: ishikam

Ludovico Goglino

Oct 27, 2020
Hi everyone! I did the W&C's video-interview on 13/02 and I still have not heard anything about the outcome, should I expect a rejection? Thank you in advance for your replies. (I applied for the Vac. Scheme, first choice spring and second one Summer)

tkhkat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Hi everyone! I did the W&C's video-interview on 13/02 and I still have not heard anything about the outcome, should I expect a rejection? Thank you in advance for your replies. (I applied for the Vac. Scheme, first choice spring and second one Summer)
Hey! My turn around after the VI was really quick. I was offered an AC the same day I submitted my VI. My first choice was Summer though, and I didn't indicate have a second choice on my application. However, I have a hunch - perhaps they're waiting to see if they can fit you in for the Summer scheme? I know that they've already given out a number of spots for the Spring scheme and they're currently conducting the summer ACs now (just had mine last Friday) so you should hear back from them soon if they want to invite you to an AC! It's not a rejection until the firm says that it is!

tkhkat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
hey, I did my AC on Wednesday and still not heard!
Hey, thanks for letting me know! Really hope that we'll both hear back with positive news soon 😊 I suppose they must be really busy sorting out the offers/rejections, given the number of ACs they've been offering the past few days! Hope that your AC went well!

Reactions: CF1234

Ludovico Goglino

Oct 27, 2020
Hey! My turn around after the VI was really quick. I was offered an AC the same day I submitted my VI. My first choice was Summer though, and I didn't indicate have a second choice on my application. However, I have a hunch - perhaps they're waiting to see if they can fit you in for the Summer scheme? I know that they've already given out a number of spots for the Spring scheme and they're currently conducting the summer ACs now (just had mine last Friday) so you should hear back from them soon if they want to invite you to an AC! It's not a rejection until the firm says that it is!
Thank you very much for the information!

tkhkat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Any post interview news anyone? (whether positive or negative) 😅
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's amazing :)

I had my interview on March 8, so we'll see...
I did my assessment centre on 5th March and received an offer for the Summer VS on 16th March, so they might still be making decisions for those who did the assessment centres after 5th March, like you! I hope that you will be able to hear back really soon and I'm wishing you the best of luck 😊

• Love
Reactions: CF1234 and michal98

michal98

Feb 5, 2021
I did my assessment centre on 5th March and received an offer for the Summer VS on 16th March, so they might still be making decisions for those who did the assessment centres after 5th March, like you! I hope that you will be able to hear back really soon and I'm wishing you the best of luck 😊
OH, awesome! Congratulations ❤️🌈

aspiringlawyer22

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Congratulations to those who have heard back! 💗 I did my VI on the 11th and haven’t heard back regarding an AC or a rejection. Should I assume it’s the latter since some people have done and passed their ACs?

Last edited:

michal98

Feb 5, 2021
Congratulations to those who have heard back! 💗 I did my VI on the 11th and haven’t heard back regarding an AC or a rejection. Should I assume it’s the latter since some people have done and passed their ACs?
I think it's hard to tell. I saw that they were giving out VI invites even earlier this week, so they are definitely still running ACs..

• Love
Reactions: aspiringlawyer22

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.