White & Case online form

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
I feel like this might be a difficult question, but how long roughly should your cover letter be? I was aiming for around 850 words, is that too long/too short?

I have seen two (not confirmed) successful applications and they were each around 900 words. I personally think that’s too long.

I would not limit your words or think you need a specific amount. Just ensure every sentence and word you are using is actually needed.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi, it isn't stated on the application form who the cover letter should be addressed to.

As such, do I just begin my cover letter straight away?

Thank you :)
    I'd address it to Christina Churchman who's the head of graduate recruitment - hope that helps! If in doubt with a firm that's the person I'd always look to address a cover letter to if no guidance is given by the firm

• ℹ️
    Reactions: nina_123 and Jessica Booker

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    Would you say that somewhere in the region of 700-800 words is acceptable for the cover letter when applying to White & Case's vacation scheme (through writing it out in size 11 font, no additional spacing, before pasting it into the dialogue box, I'm currently covering a page and a half)?

Zoo

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Apr 21, 2019
    Would you say that somewhere in the region of 700-800 words is acceptable for the cover letter when applying to White & Case's vacation scheme (through writing it out in size 11 font, no additional spacing, before pasting it into the dialogue box, I'm currently covering a page and a half)?

Yes, a page and a half is about right. That’s what I did and got through to the next stage

Reactions: pfoapplicant

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    Sorry if this sounds a bit pedantic, but do you guys reckon it's still okay to address the cover letter to the 'Graduate Resourcing & Development Team' for the current application cycle? As far as I can see, there used to be something on the White & Case website saying something to this effect (indeed, it's still visible if you use the archived 'Cached' option when Googling the relevant page), but I can't see it anywhere on the current iteration of W&C's site.

Reactions: sabma

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Sorry if this sounds a bit pedantic, but do you guys reckon it's still okay to address the cover letter to the 'Graduate Resourcing & Development Team' for the current application cycle? As far as I can see, there used to be something on the White & Case website saying something to this effect (indeed, it's still visible if you use the archived 'Cached' option when Googling the relevant page), but I can't see it anywhere on the current iteration of W&C's site.

You're right, it used to actually say that on the FAQ section of the site, and even if it's not showing up anymore I'm sure just "Dear Graduate Recruitment" or "Dear Graduate Resourcing & Development Team" will be perfectly fine! :)

Reactions: pfoapplicant and Zoo

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

That will be fine or you can address it to Gemma Barns apparently:

https://www.lawcareers.net/Solicitors/White-Case-LLP

Reactions: pfoapplicant

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.