White & Case online form

Discussion in 'Applications Discussion' started by Osh, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Osh

Osh Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    There is a section for work experience and also career events which asks you to "provide details of any careers events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc."

Would I be right to assume the work experience section is for paid work experience only and the career events is for legal work experience such vacation schemes? There is a 350 word limit for the Career events section so I'm not sure.

Also would you have to write in prose or could you bullet point. This goes for the Extra-Curricular Activities section as well, which asks for "details of any interests and extra-curricular activities, including any positions of responsibility or achievements".

2. Simone

Simone New Member

TCLA Credits:
    I applied last cycle and got to the final interview. For work experience, I included volunteering work and vac schemes/internships, and for the career section I put in workshops and White & Case's Open Day (which I numbered, with some short sentences). For ec, I split the section into EC, positions or responsibility, and achievements. If you can, you should try to attend an Open Day, where grad rec guides you through the application (e.g. structure they prefer) and review your application on-one-on. I can't quite remember, but I think they said the most important thing is that you write and structure it in an intelligible way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment

TCLA Credits:
    no - work experience is any work experience (eg where you have responsibilities to deliver work)

careers events are any open day, open evening, networking events, training events, conferences etc where you just have to turn up and don’t have any responsibilities to deliver work.

It won’t really matter if you choose to bullet point or use prose. Just keep it succinct and to the point.

4. Osh

Osh Star Member

TCLA Credits:

Thank you

5. Osh

Osh Star Member

TCLA Credits:

Thank you

6. gricole

gricole Legendary Member
    Premium Member

TCLA Credits:
    How would you approach the following question: What is(are) the business objective(s) behind the guaranteed international seat for trainees at White & Case?

7. Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment

TCLA Credits:
    I’d look at the firm’s wording on international secondments for trainees, I’d look at articles like the Chambers student guide to see where trainees go, I’d look on LinkedIn to find any NQs and where they went on secondment. I’d then look at the firm’s general business strategy globally and see where there are connections

8. Romiras

Romiras Star Member
    Future Trainee

TCLA Credits:
    I write in prose - I think it's generally received better (as long as it is concise).

9. Romiras

Romiras Star Member
    Future Trainee

TCLA Credits:
    The firm has a large international network that often has to work with each other on transactions. International secondments allow trainees to feel more involved with the international culture, workflow and strategy of the firm. It also helps develop your appreciation for how things may operate in different jurisdictions both culturally and in terms of work.

• Like Like x 1