TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Ij

they won't at least until they find someone who can prep documents for them for less money :D
Yeah that's true, and the various gatekeeping mechanisms at different stages of the human capital pipeline do insulate the high-end of the profession from a lot of competitive pressure. Curious to see how legal tech, accessibility initiatives &c. might move the landscape in coming years.

Reactions: Miki3999

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi guys, random post but might be useful to any vacation scheme offer holders out there who also work full-time. I just had an interesting discussion with my boss and they’re currently assessing any conflicts of interests between my firm and the firm I want to do my vac scheme at. So if anyone might be in that position, it might be worth checking out what your firm’s stance is and plan accordingly!

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hi guys, random post but might be useful to any vacation scheme offer holders out there who also work full-time. I just had an interesting discussion with my boss and they’re currently assessing any conflicts of interests between my firm and the firm I want to do my vac scheme at. So if anyone might be in that position, it might be worth checking out what your firm’s stance is and plan accordingly!
    OMG, this is interesting, I personally never thought about it before. Good luck!

Reactions: OB

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    Just to caveat this this also applies if you work in-house. I’ve had to pull out of a vac scheme before as it was a firm currently engaged as external counsel for the company I worked for at the time and the conflict was deemed too risky. Hasn’t been a problem for other internships and interview processes though and my company have been very supportive and really tried to do as much as they could to assist it was actually the law firm that said no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.