TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chi.c

Feb 11, 2021
Hey guys, I just got an invite to an assessment session for Osborne Clarke. The email says that I'll be completing a commercial exercise (including a presentation) and the Watson Glaser test. It doesn't say anything about competencies interviews, etc. Can someone confirm if this is solely commercial awareness stuff and I won't have to prep for an interview or anything? Also if someone could explain the process for Osborne Clarke (i.e. what comes after this assessment session) I would really appreciate it :)

Han.louise

Distinguished Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
May 28, 2020
Hey guys, I just got an invite to an assessment session for Osborne Clarke. The email says that I'll be completing a commercial exercise (including a presentation) and the Watson Glaser test. It doesn't say anything about competencies interviews, etc. Can someone confirm if this is solely commercial awareness stuff and I won't have to prep for an interview or anything? Also if someone could explain the process for Osborne Clarke (i.e. what comes after this assessment session) I would really appreciate it :)
I also got this, I am soooo confused

LS_1998

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 12, 2022
Just an FYI I found out today that the last London AC for TLT was held today so if anyone is wondering whether they might get a PFO I hope that helps! For other offices, they're still doing it the next couple of weeks :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: AW_08 and OB

Irisxy

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2021
I also got this, and I am also confused that how commercial exercise (I assumed something like a case study) can be combined with a presentation

• 🏆
Reactions: h1

Law2021vacschemer

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2021
I also got this, and I am also confused that how commercial exercise (I assumed something like a case study) can be combined with a presentation
Hey this isn’t for Osborne Clarke but I did and AC with Allen & Overy where you were given time to read a case study and then you had to do a 15 minute presentation answering various questions about the case study- so it might be like that.

Reactions: Rob93

sakaesr99

Star Member
Mar 30, 2021
Same! They don't mention anything about an interview, and the slot is only 2 and a half hours so I don't think there can be one. But on their website they say that they have a full assessment centre as the final stage with interview and all? extremely confused lol I've emailed grad recruitment

• 🏆
Reactions: chi.c and h1

h1

Esteemed Member
Oct 12, 2020
omg congrats on all the ACs guys!! ✨✨ commiserations for any PFOs received/presumed - please don't be disheartened and I really wish you all the best of luck for the rest of the cycle 💖 it's really tough out here and actually pressing send on an application is a massive step and no matter where you get to, you've locked in some experience for the next time you're facing that stage. Hope everyone has a restful weekend and try not to refresh emails or even think about apps - I know I'm logging off til Monday!!

PS: Can someone else manifest for RS next week because I'm clearly not doing a good job🥴

AP2000

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Does anyone know the vac scheme dates for Osborne Clarke London? Also, anyone know whether they run multiple vac schemes throughout the summer?
    Hey! I reached out to them in December for the dates- the vac schemes will run between 20th June – 1st July, and between 4th – 15th July (one in Bristol and one in London, which sadly meant I couldn't apply due to a clash). They couldn't confirm yet during which of the two blocks the London vac scheme would take place, but it's one of those two.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.