TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Thanks! I do appreciate they're not easier, maybe even harder but I want to secure a TC ASAP. I think I'll take a month's break considering the deadlines are months away and see how I feel. I just had a dream firm rejection which was the worst! I'll pull through though. Thank you again
Your attitude towards this is so commendable- I'm rooting for you!! 😇

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
Can I just say how much I appreciate @Jaysen's newsletter today? This community wouldn't exist without Jaysen taking the brave initiative in the first place. And I am sure TCLA has had a profoundly positive impact on us all who are trying to fulfil our aspirations despite the incredible challenge.

I am a law graduate who only decided to pursue a commercial law career after graduating. This is my first cycle and I am yet to hear a positive reply other than PFOs. However, despite the process being extremely daunting, I am still here and willing to keep on grinding because I am tremendously empowered by all you kind and beautiful souls on this forum - and I am sure my story isn't unique at all.

So I just want to say good luck to all who are waiting for positive responses from law firms. Thank you all for being incredibly lovely and supportive to each other. And if you are feeling a bit "lost heart" for all the rejections you received, remember you matter to everyone on this forum, and we are all eagerly waiting to cheer you on as you make your next step towards success 🙂

*cue Hey Jude and all the na na na nananana that follow*

A quick but heartfelt thank you to @Jaysen @Jessica Booker and the TCLA team.

Beluga

Star Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Jan 31, 2021
Can I just say how much I appreciate @Jaysen's newsletter today? This community wouldn't exist without Jaysen taking the brave initiative in the first place. And I am sure TCLA has had a profoundly positive impact on us all who are trying to fulfil our aspirations despite the incredible challenge.

I am a law graduate who only decided to pursue a commercial law career after graduating. This is my first cycle and I am yet to hear a positive reply other than PFOs. However, despite the process being extremely daunting, I am still here and willing to keep on grinding because I am tremendously empowered by all you kind and beautiful souls on this forum - and I am sure my story isn't unique at all.

So I just want to say good luck to all who are waiting for positive responses from law firms. Thank you all for being incredibly lovely and supportive to each other. And if you are feeling a bit "lost heart" for all the rejections you received, remember you matter to everyone on this forum, and we are all eagerly waiting to cheer you on as you make your next step towards success 🙂

*cue Hey Jude and all the na na na nananana that follow*

A quick but heartfelt thank you to @Jaysen @Jessica Booker and the TCLA team.
Honestly I mirror this — two years ago during my first cycle when I was rejected time and time again after ACs and vac schemes it wasn’t even about the rejection itself but the process felt so lonely. It felt like a battle I was fighting alone and was just not enough for. This cycle I went in feeling like a fighter, and with so much support from kind strangers and the TCLA team I’ve had some good results — and the PFOs only make me stronger!! Thank you all so much. ❤️

Nemo11

Dec 15, 2021
Following up on the conversation in this forum a few days ago discussing Germany's different legal hotspots. How would one go about classifying the different practice area strengths in the US cities? I'm doing a deep-dive into the US market and as always would appreciate any insights, they've been so incredibly valuable to me! :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Asil Ahmad

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    Following up on the conversation in this forum a few days ago discussing Germany's different legal hotspots. How would one go about classifying the different practice area strengths in the US cities? I'm doing a deep-dive into the US market and as always would appreciate any insights, they've been so incredibly valuable to me! :)
    In a nutshell: the east coast is traditionally heavily focused on finance, antitrust and trade (by virtue of the presence of clients / institutions around NY and DC). On the flip side, the west coast is traditionally more focused on tech and life sciences due to the presence of tech clients in CA. Offices in ie TX often have a focus on oil and gas. However, it has to be said that the distinction isn’t so clear cut - there is an increasing desire for ie lawyers with a strong background in securities, corporate, antitrust, etc from east to west with the growth and diversification of tech company portfolios and endeavors.

I’d say a good place to start is just looking at the offices around the US and looking at some of their big clients and/or recent work. That should help give you a better understanding :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.