TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyrose99

Star Member
Nov 3, 2018
pwc vi!

If I remembered correctly, in the last cycle they asked competency and situational questions with around 1 minute to prep and around 2-3 minutes to deliver your answer. Also there was a presentation-ish task where you need to analyse the client's business with 10min to prepare and present in 4 or 5 minutes.

I could only remember very vaguely cuz I was really bummed knowing I messed up the VI. Not completely sure abt the arrangement this year, hope this will help!

I’ll double check but I think I made a note of structure and questions after my VI last year - will dig it out and PM you if I find anything useful!!

• 🏆
Reactions: eleven14og

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
I just got put on a reserve list for the Jones Day vacation scheme. They said that they didn't have any places for me but I would be reconsidered if someone dropped out. I'm a little disappointed because I really tried for this interview :((( Does anyone know the chances of people dropping out?
Chances vary but are nontrivial, which is why they have the list. A firm like JD will have made offers to a lot of candidates who have several other offers, some of which will conflict and in some cases JD will not be the candidates' first choice.

Huge to have made it that far, so congrats and I'll cross my fingers for you - it ain't over til it's over.

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
The deadline to complete this task is midnight on Thursday 10th February 2022.

Just to double-check, the above statement means I effectively have until 23:59 on Thursday 10th to complete the task, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.