TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    unrelated question, are background checks required for these vac schemes? Just completed mine for an FS job and my god they take a lot of time and effort. Seemingly had to reference everyone I'd ever done any work for!
    Yeah they are, I had such a mare with my checks for my current job. Took over 2 months and countless emails back and forth!

• 🤝
    Reactions: GXA123, ps123 and ZaraB

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    Yeah they are, I had such a mare with my checks for my current job. Took over 2 months and countless emails back and forth!
    I still have nightmares about being stuck in the background check cycle from my last internship 😂 I had to send evidence of all my addresses and they asked for the tenancy agreements and I had a gap of two days between them and nearly failed for that reason, I had to find the hotel receipts for two nights from 4 years ago

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I still have nightmares about being stuck in the background check cycle from my last internship 😂 I had to send evidence of all my addresses and they asked for the tenancy agreements and I had a gap of two days between them and nearly failed for that reason, I had to find the hotel receipts for two nights from 4 years ago
    Lol I had jobs who had written down different dates for my brand ambassador roles and I was just like ah well take those I don’t care anymore 😅😅 they’re so relentless though hahaha I’ve had them ring up because I got a day wrong on when I started secondary school as well hahahaha

ps123

Star Member
    Oct 15, 2021
    It's the constant self-doubt that got me, you begin questioning everything you've ever done 😂

It was quite a useful experience, if for nothing else, to put you off ever considering embellishing you're experiences and credentials! I was stressed enough about the checks on things I legitimately did hahah

• Haha
    Reactions: Rob93 and OB

Limanehious

Star Member
    Mar 19, 2021
    pwc vi!

If I remembered correctly, in the last cycle they asked competency and situational questions with around 1 minute to prep and around 2-3 minutes to deliver your answer. Also there was a presentation-ish task where you need to analyse the client's business with 10min to prepare and present in 4 or 5 minutes.

I could only remember very vaguely cuz I was really bummed knowing I messed up the VI. Not completely sure abt the arrangement this year, hope this will help!
    I applied the past two years (2020&2021) and both times the VI questions were identical

Arche172372

Distinguished Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    I just got put on a reserve list for the Jones Day vacation scheme. They said that they didn't have any places for me but I would be reconsidered if someone dropped out. I'm a little disappointed because I really tried for this interview :((( Does anyone know the chances of people dropping out?
    I'm going to have to renege on my spot so maybe you'll get it!

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Jesus, I thought dealing with the home office for my spousal visa was bad! Don't think I even have records for half the places I've lived in the past few years

• Haha
    Reactions: OB

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I was wondering is it weird that the US firms that are life sciences expertise that their technology practise is a market leader. I mean every law firm that is a life sciences strength are also a technology strength. I mean is there a reason for that or is there not a particular reason for that for example Cooley and Covington.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.