TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Second time with Latham, find myself caring less and less with each passing rejection.

At this point vac scheme rejections are basically 'alright cool, that means I get to use my PTO for a holiday this year, the Mrs. will be overjoyed'
(If anyone from Travers grad rec is reading this, issa joke I still wanna come spend a week with you guys, hmu)

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
They got taco bell in London? I've only ever seen one in Harrow

yessir!! There are like 3 in the city. I had a mental breakdown when I spotted the one close to UCL. I’m a fries supreme queen (Ofc they don’t actually call it that here)

Last edited:
Reactions: OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
In light of all the frustrations that us applicants face, I think this article presents a time-efficient solution to the question of post-application feedback:

https://www.legalcheek.com/2022/02/graduate-recruiters-should-provide-tick-box-feedback/

View attachment 3849

I know this might be too much of an ask, but could @Jaysen perhaps leverage your network with graduate recruiters to get them to at least consider such initiatives? It would be extremely helpful!

I know there are former graduate recruiters such as @Jessica Booker, and current recruiters such as @Paul - Shearman & Sterling and @WillkieGemma on this forum. As a collective of current applicants, I think we would all appreciate your thoughts on such an initiative, and whether it would be feasible from the perspective of a recruiter.

Thank you very much in advance for your thoughts.
I’ll be honest - I don’t think this would work, so it wouldn’t be something I would personally endorse/support.

It seems simplistic but it requires technology and in the era of data and subject access requests could actually present more risks to a employer than benefit. It would also be time consuming to complete, so would slow down recruitment processes, which in turn causes more frustrations for the talent pool (as we often see in this forum).

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
Anyone not heard back post-GMA for pinsent masons London? I think they're having ACs this week and next week so I'm starting to lose hope. Quite disheartened that I may have let myself down because I performed poorly on the GMA

summer207

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021
This may be a silly question but I've never done a virtual AC before... If we have to do a case study, technology-wise how does that work? 😅 As in do they put up a document and we can take notes in Word/on paper?
One of mine was a password-protected PDF. The password was given on the Zoom/Teams call and access was lost at the end of the task. For another, it was on a platform you could view it on, no copying and pasting was possible, access was lost after the task ended as well. I could take notes on Word/on paper for both.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    This may be a silly question but I've never done a virtual AC before... If we have to do a case study, technology-wise how does that work? 😅 As in do they put up a document and we can take notes in Word/on paper?
    I've had one where documents are sent on Teams during the AC and they trust that you'll delete the documents from your computer after. Another AC was on a system called Impact and you were sent emails with tasks and links to the Zoom calls!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.