TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Anyone thought of bothering to apply for direct TC without a vac scheme but 3/4 years paralegal experience?
Yes! The majority of my apps are direct TC I only apply to VS where it’s a firm that only hires from VS. I have 3 years paralegal experience and no VSs. Had an AC today for direct TC and reached final stage for one just before Xmas before a final stage rejection.

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Hey everyone, bit of a unique question today - I have a CV based interview coming up and I wrote down that I run a small business. Could the law firm ask me questions like "what is your annual turnover, profit margins, how much you pay your employees/in tax" like really dragon den style questions to test my commercial awareness or are questions like these construed as inappropriate?
Personally I would not worry too much about facing these questions, although the interviewers could ask you them in theory - I don't see why they would be considered inappropriate. I think it is unlikely you will get asked them but if you know the answers then it sounds like you are prepared anyway :)

JunLee2808

Junior Lawyer
Oct 16, 2021
TLT London Summer Vacation Scheme! If anyone is also doing the same scheme in London, lets connect!

For those wondering about my application timeline:
- submitted my app/completed WG on 12/1/2022
- AC invite: 19th Jan
- AC: 27th Jan
- Offer/call: 4th Feb 2022 (I actually slept through my phone ringing because I was so tired that day. They left me a voicemail to call back quickly bc it was already 4:30pm, and they stop working at 5pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.