TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    If it will stress you out to the extent that it may impact your performance on the day, I wouldn’t. But in terms of prep, I think 10 days is more than enough. Assuming you researched the firm prior to applying, things like going over your application to see what you mentioned, thinking of examples for different competencies, any developments in news stories you’ve been following, brushing up on basic commercial awareness (business risks, factors a business needs to consider when expanding, in what ways law firm practice areas are involved in transactions) wouldn’t take you up to 10 days imo. Feel free to pm me and I can send documents that helped me in AC prep. I didn’t apply to HSF though, so I don’t have any specific advice.

I thought everyone knew Paul from Shearman 😅
    Omg yes Paul hahaha

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    I’m doing DLA’s vac scheme this summer and having worked with them in the past (through their insight programme, for example) I would say they invest quite a lot in training and supporting interns. I’ve heard great things about their vac scheme and I’m really looking forward to itWhich
    Which office are you gonna join?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Very curious to know what a stereotypical GR look is....

Think Which One GIF by Nick Jonas

Reactions: James Carrabino

AW_08

Valued Member
    Dec 20, 2019
    Just had my partner interview with MB! It's the first I've gotten before, and I just wanted to know...HOW DO YOU COPE WITH ALL OF THE FEELINGS AFTER?! It's only been a couple of hours, but I need to know how I did now lol. Waiting for 1-2 weeks is going to be a killer 🤣

Also, the interview went okay! It's always hard to tell, but this is THE firm for me so fingers crossed! Good luck to anyone else who has interviews or ACs today or this week!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    White women? There is nothing wrong in that..but I have not seen many black GR
    Had plenty of non-white colleagues/contacts in my time and know of enough at the moment that would suggest a fairly healthy representation. Plus I think a bit like gender, people possibly wrongly assume people's race on some occasions.

aspiringlawyer22

Star Member
    Mar 16, 2021
    Just had my partner interview with MB! It's the first I've gotten before, and I just wanted to know...HOW DO YOU COPE WITH ALL OF THE FEELINGS AFTER?! It's only been a couple of hours, but I need to know how I did now lol. Waiting for 1-2 weeks is going to be a killer 🤣

Also, the interview went okay! It's always hard to tell, but this is THE firm for me so fingers crossed! Good luck to anyone else who has interviews or ACs today or this week!
    This was honestly the worst part for me! I had to wait 16 days (which isn’t that long but they stretched out omg)

Good luck!

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Had plenty of non-white colleagues/contacts in my time and know of enough at the moment that would suggest a fairly healthy representation. Plus I think a bit like gender, people possibly wrongly assume people's race on some occasions.
    Thank you,

I can tell you that in the last four years, I have attended so many virtual events and I have seen only one brown woman! I can list all the law firms and it was just shocking to me. Maybe they work in the office but I have not seen them on the panels interacting with students or aspiring solicitors. Maybe you could advise them to be more present as representation matters!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: George Maxwell and JD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.