TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanpreet Kaur

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
A lot of direct TC apps with spring/summer deadlines are non-rolling! Because a direct TC interview is the final stage of the process and the firm does not need to onboard candidates to a vac scheme, it is often easier for them to review apps altogether. If it is rolling then the standard as early as possible applies
Thank you for the clarification! Also, are there any tips on how to prep for in house paralegal roles? I have one on Tuesday, but I'm unsure about how much research is required into the company itself

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    A lot of direct TC apps with spring/summer deadlines are non-rolling! Because a direct TC interview is the final stage of the process and the firm does not need to onboard candidates to a vac scheme, it is often easier for them to review apps altogether. If it is rolling then the standard as early as possible applies
    so it does not matter when we submit? right?

honeytea

Feb 18, 2022
    TLDR: Thank you to the TCLA community.

After not getting past the application stage in the previous 2 recruitment cycles, I’m delighted to say that I have secured a vacation scheme at my dream firm. I’m still processing!

One of the main ways I changed my approach this application season was to actively use TCLA to draw from the experience of the incredible community, as well as get advice or boost my motivation when it was low and all seemed impossible (which was a lot…).

Thank you to all for the collective sense of support, for responding to any of my DMs, the wealth of information, and all the good-hearted laughs in between.

ap28

Aug 12, 2021
    In an application form which only gives you 4 work experience slots, would it be ok to mention a completely new one (one that's not in the 4 slots) when answering one of the questions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.