CMS Opportunities 2021/22

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    We have a year to practice and practice this test! We can do it 🙂 in a year's time we will be replying "I passed the test"
    The Lawyer Portal practice test is great and firms like Clifford Chance have practice ones which are identical to the real thing and give scores so you can tell which section to improve on. I used to be rubbish at them but I've been scoring in 90th percentile recently!

G.G_west

Standard Member
    Nov 6, 2021
    Guys, have I been rejected? I did my VI with CMS in mid-November and still have not heard anything back. I know quite a lot of people have been invited to AC but I also know that some people have been rejected when they did their VI at the same time as me! I have emailed recruitment on 04 Jan 22 and they said we're still reviewing it and will get back to me in due course. The spots for AC are probably almost all filled in so they probably haven't had time to tell me I've been rejected right?
    Just wanted to update everyone, I got an email two days ago for the AC invite!! 🎉

• 🏆
    Reactions: iratencies, ZaraB and OB

G.G_west

Standard Member
    Nov 6, 2021
    Congrats! I'm doing my VI tomorrow, any tips?
    If im being honest, I have no clue why I passed the VI. I am not just saying it, it was my worst VI ever haha. But I would just say, re-read your answers on your application, and try not to repeat similar things again on the VI. Try and expand on the points you made in your written application.

awd1998

Star Member
    Jan 7, 2022
    Does anyone know if CMS pays your Diploma fees as well as offering a grant or just offers the grant? Can't seam to find anything on there website about it apart from that they give you a maintenance grant.. I know there competitors do pay diploma fees as well as offer a grant so assumed it wold be the case but just thought someone on here might have an answer before I email grad recruitment as I know there super busy

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Does anyone know if CMS pays your Diploma fees as well as offering a grant or just offers the grant? Can't seam to find anything on there website about it apart from that they give you a maintenance grant.. I know there competitors do pay diploma fees as well as offer a grant so assumed it wold be the case but just thought someone on here might have an answer before I email grad recruitment as I know there super busy
    Hey @awd1998,

So if I were to guess, my response would be yes. CMS (and similar firms) do generally cover GDL/LPC fees. I also found this page (last updated in 2019) on Lawcareers.net. This suggests that CMS do cover law school fees (in addition to a grant).

I hope that helps 💪

Reactions: awd1998

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.