TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalgemma

Distinguished Member
Jan 11, 2022
Is this helpful, or are you looking for something more specific?

Yes that's the one I was looking for, thank you so much!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey does anyone know how long Freshfields takes to send the official offer letter? Received the call last week but still haven't got the email.
Could easily be a couple of weeks - these things usually have to go through an approval chain and all it takes is for one of the people in the chain to be out for a couple of days and your contract is delayed.

• 🤝
Reactions: YUKI1201

ofm

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 14, 2021
    I'd say there's two approaches to this.

On the one hand, thought it might feel like the only news at the moment is Ukraine, that's not true. There is plenty of action happening in other parts of the world, across sectors and industries. Just try having a browse through some of the sub-categories on a news site, for instance.

On the other hand, if you do choose to focus on the Ukraine (which I don't think is necessarily too obvious), maybe think if you can focus on a particular aspect of the conflict. For example, reactions by major energy companies, sanctions placed on banks or Russian oligarchs and what the impact of that is, the rise in grain prices, etc. Just try to focus on a slightly more specific part of (or impacts of) the conflict.
    Focus in on how it is impacting a particular industry/market/jurisdiction rather than talk about or broadly - it’s too big a topic to talk about it well in an interview, you will just get into vague/generic cliches. However, if you focus on the impact of something particular, your answer will show more precision in thinking.
    Thank you both!

Reactions: TC fiend

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just got an email from NRF regarding my spring scheme app saying I was not eligible to apply as I am not a finalist/graduate - but I definitely am and I put this down!! Very confused 😭 Sent my app months ago…
    Write back to them to explain that you think there is a mistake as you are a finalist or graduate and that you'd therefore like to be reconsidered.

Reactions: George Maxwell
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.