TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    I actually doubt it - a lot of firms have put out statements regarding their position, which means there will have been an internal email in the firm beforehand stating that if anyone is approached by the press for any sort of comments on the matter to please direct them to a press representative. Having an open discussion about it with you at an interview would put that "united front" image at risk.

If someone does somehow bring it up I'd just try to stay as vague and diplomatic as possible. Acknowledge it's a difficult spot to be in and it is a decision that affects a lot of people, and that hopefully it can be resolved swiftly.
    thank you!

donxerxer

Standard Member
    Feb 21, 2022
    Akin Gump PFO post-WG (completed my WG in mid-January), finally lol

In other news, I've went from receiving no offers last year to securing multiple offers from my dream US firms and even being put in a position where I've had to reject others. I hope that provides some type of reassurance to others who aren't having a successful application cycle - it's a steep learning curve but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!
    Please what's PFO. I'm new here and keep seeing PFOs:)

Crystal86

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 10, 2021
    Really depends. For my first interview, I had the chance to ask 1. For my second, I didn't since we ran out of time. For the final instance the partner was more than happy to go over the time (we went 20 minutes over) and I was able to ask multiple questions. :)
    Thank you very much! I hope the AC went well! :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: George Maxwell and APPLE619

gdelle

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2022
    And with that Latham AC done and dusted, I am finally done with this year's application cycle! 18 applications, 5 AC's. and 4 (hopefully 5 soon) vac scheme offers 🥳 Going to spend the evening finally meeting my friends, hoping they still remember what I look like..
    Congrats, this is really impressive - and you're the person who said they'd contemplated taking the year out! Any tips on what helped you make such a difference this time around?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.