TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
So sorry to hear this. Best of luck with your other apps :(

Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN
Thank you so much for your kind words, made my day! Likewise to you 🥰🥰🥰

Reactions: GXA123

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    Has anyone heard from BCLP, Travers Smith, Mishcon, Stephenson Harwood, White and Case or Freshfields (TC)? These are all at application stage but it feels like I’ve been waiting forever to get responses!
    For BCLP - I have a VS. Fieldfisher I’ve got a AC for their 2023 direct TC (it’s in April).

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Akin Gump PFO post-WG (completed my WG in mid-January), finally lol

In other news, I've went from receiving no offers last year to securing multiple offers from my dream US firms and even being put in a position where I've had to reject others. I hope that provides some type of reassurance to others who aren't having a successful application cycle - it's a steep learning curve but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!
    This is so weird as I did mine in mod January also and I have not received my rejection because I did really badly on WG.

• Wow
    Reactions: lucciblanca

MH

Star Member
    Jan 12, 2022
    If a deadline is 'Midnight on 11th March 2022', does this mean on Friday at 11:59pm? I'd rather not leave it to the last minute but I have a day off work on Friday so it'd be nice to be able to do it then.

Reactions: Miki3999

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice on how best to answer 'What do you think is the biggest opportunity for [x firm] in the near future?
    Would you split this by opportunities for the firm's client's, and therefore business for the firm, as well as general opportunities to stay competitive?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice on how best to answer 'What do you think is the biggest opportunity for [x firm] in the near future?
    Would you split this by opportunities for the firm's client's, and therefore business for the firm, as well as general opportunities to stay competitive?
    The key to this question is to focus on one opportunity rather than multiple aspects.

D

Deleted member 11671

I agree with Jessica but wanted to add that this the time to showcase that you really know about the firm and don't have a generic opportunity that can be used for any law firm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.