TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Everyone starts somewhere. I've known a few people who went to paralegal at big international/US firms with no prior experience and absolutely killed it. If they've invited you to interview, they're not too fussed about experience levels - they've seen your CV. They'll want to see a willingness to learn and evidence that you can come up to speed quickly (these were key focuses in my recent US firm paralegal interview, even with my relatively hefty prior experience in-house and in general corporate roles). If you can show that, you'll be stood in good stead.
Thank you for your advice @Rob93! I was really doubting my self-confidence a couple of days before the interview. I haven't been active on the forum in the past few days, as I was preparing for this interview - sorry for the late reply. They've invited me back for a second round of interviews with two London based partners 😍 I'm not sure what to expect in terms of questions, but I assume they will be assessing me on the same stuff.

sami.rehman

Feb 3, 2021
Guys,

Could you suggest some resources to learn about crypto? I need to prepare some material for a workshop and my small brain needs something very easy to understand.
Love you all
There's a really great podcast episode on Spotify with BrightNetwork and Chris Stoakes (author of 'All You Need to Know About the City') called 'Thinking Commercially' where he breakdowns blockchain, NFTs and their implications on the legal sphere. The podcast is great on the whole to improve knowledge and stay up to date! I'll link it below:

Hope it's helpful!

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
There's a really great podcast episode on Spotify with BrightNetwork and Chris Stoakes (author of 'All You Need to Know About the City') called 'Thinking Commercially' where he breakdowns blockchain, NFTs and their implications on the legal sphere. The podcast is great on the whole to improve knowledge and stay up to date! I'll link it below:

Hope it's helpful!
You are a star!

• Love
Reactions: sami.rehman

cecily78900

Standard Member
Mar 2, 2022
I am thinking of applying for a paralegal role at the same firm that I am waiting for an answer from for a vacation scheme application (post-app - I have not been invited to interview yet). Is this ok? - would it have any impact on my vacation scheme application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.