TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSM123

Star Member
Oct 11, 2021
Don't know if I'm overthinking but here goes - in an interview I referred to an acquisition a firm had worked on. I named the seller and figure however made a mistake on the name of the buyer and only realised afterwards. On a scale of 1-10 (where 1 is meh and 10 is catastrophic) how badly would this be taken? Obvs every firm is different but insights welcome :)
In all honesty, unless it was an acquisition worked on by the partner interviewing you and even then - I very much doubt they even noticed it. I once mixed up an acquisition worked on by a completely different firm and still got an offer aha

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
When it is the right moment to ask about salary? When I applied to Sky, I did not check on glassdoor (stupid me) thinking that it was an international company so..pays well. The reviews are miserable, can I ask the HR? I do not want to sound like a money chaser but I have a mortgage, I live in London and need to travel a lot so the travel expenses are likely to balloon.

Reactions: George Maxwell

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    When it is the right moment to ask about salary? When I applied to Sky, I did not check on glassdoor (stupid me) thinking that it was an international company so..pays well. The reviews are miserable, can I ask the HR? I do not want to sound like a money chaser but I have a mortgage, I live in London and need to travel a lot so the travel expenses are likely to balloon.
    I think it is fine to ask, it's your right at the end of the day

Reactions: George Maxwell and S87

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I’d personally wait until the offer stage if you are speaking to HR/the people hiring you.

You could ask previous trainees via LinkedIn though what their salary was/is.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: George Maxwell, AvniD and S87
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.