Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    We find it's often helpful to connect students with others on their vacation scheme. That way you can get an early opportunity to get to know students and discuss the scheme. So feel free to post your scheme, dates (and location, if relevant) below.

KS94

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    Hi, seems this thread hasn't really go started!

I've been fortunate enough to receive two vacation scheme offers.

June - Shoosmiths (Birmingham)
    July - Addleshaw Goddard (Manchester)

These firms are very different to the US/magic circle elite so-often mentioned on these forums, keen to know if there are any others applying for more city/national firms?

aaron22

Feb 28, 2018
    Hi, seems this thread hasn't really go started!

I've been fortunate enough to receive two vacation scheme offers.

June - Shoosmiths (Birmingham)
    July - Addleshaw Goddard (Manchester)

These firms are very different to the US/magic circle elite so-often mentioned on these forums, keen to know if there are any others applying for more city/national firms?

Hey not sure if I count but I've also got two schemes in Summer:
    Simmons & Simmons
    Osborne Clarke (both in Bristol).

Did you apply to any firms in London?

Reactions: KS94

piedpiper

Feb 27, 2018
    Simmons & Simmons

Sorry to but in here but I'm also doing the Simmons scheme - just in London. How come you applied to the Bristol office? (Nothing wrong with it I'm just wondering).

aaron22

Feb 28, 2018
    Sorry to but in here but I'm also doing the Simmons scheme - just in London. How come you applied to the Bristol office? (Nothing wrong with it I'm just wondering).

I live in Bristol and honestly, London just doesn't really attract me. I think in Bristol I'll get to be at a good firm but also get the benefit of a better work life balance. I think later I can always move to London if I change my mind.

KS94

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    Simmons & Simmons

Yep I think those count! I opted against applying for London vacation schemes but might apply for TCs there.

Any particular reason why?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.