TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I was just wondering what the etiquette is with emailing grad recruitment for an answer is? I have a couple of firms which haven't responded to me post online test. Whilst I am pretty sure that it is a rejection coming my way as it is so late, some I can reapply for in the same cycle for a TC and so it would be helpful to close my VS application so I can begin to focus my application on TC. Would you recommend emailing grad recruitment and asking if there is an update with my application? It is my first cycle so sorry if a dim question!
@cecily78900 If it's been over 4-6 weeks, I'd simply email politely asking about when you can expect an update on your application.

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    started a part time role as a nanny for this family only to discover that the mum is a partner at a firm im doing a summer vacation scheme with. she told me where she works but i haven’t yet told her i’m doing the scheme at her firm in the summer.

should i let her / grad rex know? is there a conflict of interest issue somewhere? 😂 initially intended to not mention it but also might be a bit awks if we bump into eachother in her office this summer
    100% you should disclose. You’d get into real hot water if she interviewed you for the TC and that was the firm time she saw you and would have to excuse herself. Doesn’t mean you can’t intern there but they do need to make sure the appropriate checks are put in place for there not to be a conflict of interest.

Reactions: unserious candidate

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    started a part time role as a nanny for this family only to discover that the mum is a partner at a firm im doing a summer vacation scheme with. she told me where she works but i haven’t yet told her i’m doing the scheme at her firm in the summer.

should i let her / grad rex know? is there a conflict of interest issue somewhere? 😂 initially intended to not mention it but also might be a bit awks if we bump into eachother in her office this summer
    I’d let the mum know.

There’s no conflict of interest unless you are still working for them at the time of the scheme. And even then there might not be one.

I don’t think there is any stress/issue here. Just would be odd to not let the Mum know. She’d feel a bit odd about it if she bumped into you in the office.

Grad Rec don’t need to know unless you continue to work for the partner.

Reactions: AvniD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.