TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Shoosmiths PFO for VS London.

The email came with "We want you to know that, although your application didn't meet the requirements to progress to the next stage this time, we would really like you to stay engaged with Shoosmiths, as we can see real potential in your application".

Has anyone else received this?
I received that last year

Reactions: TCG

mh8

Jul 16, 2021
I got an invite to do a behavioural test for Latham & Watkins one day after sending in my application. Does every applicant get this invitation or is it because I got to the next stage?

green124

Standard Member
Feb 24, 2022
Hey, I graduated in 2021 and this vacation scheme cycle really hasn't gone well for me as it is looking like I will come out with no offers. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on to do next, I have found the past month to be a massive struggle mentally and have been trying to apply for paralegal roles and not having much success now too. Is it useful to get more legal experience now? In applying for the next cycle, am I too old now that I would be over a year after I've graduated? I didn't know if this is the right place to ask this but have been stressing for a while and don't really know who else to ask. I am feeling pretty stuck at the moment (this was my first cycle too)

opuinwn08777

Mar 28, 2022
I applied for Mishcon quite close to the deadline in January, got the holding email (saying they'd let us know either way by the 11th of March), then last Monday (7th) got an invitation to a video interview. I was absolutely convinced it was going to be a PFO at that point so don't worry if they're taking their time! Submitted the VI at the weekend and now we go back to waiting again :)
congrats!! How were the questions/the amount and could you re-do at least once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.