Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
The word limit for the "why this firm" question is 200 words max. Since this is a short word count, am I expected to only discuss one reason?

This might just be my preference, but I think it's possible to fit in at least 2 (and maybe even 3) points within a 200-limit word count. Part of the reason why some firms impose such a narrow limit is to see how succinctly and convincingly you can convey your motivations.

I think 1 point might be a bit on the under-explained side, but would be very curious to hear if others have managed to pull this off :)

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
For the people who had the status of their application to DLA Piper updated on the 17th of November but had no correspondence - I emailed grad rec again and they said not to worry about the status on the portal as any updates will be communicated. It sounds like they haven’t made any decisions yet?

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations!

Just goes to show how sometimes what we perceive as a bad performance is actually stellar for someone else! I'm sure this must feel like such a reaffirmation of your skills and abilities 😊

I've never done a CMS AC but have resources that I can link that are geared towards AC prep more generally. Are there any aspects of the CMS AC that you're particularly concerned about?
Hi @AvniD

Thank you! It really does feel like that and if anything, it has given me more faith in the application process.

Please do share any links to resources you may have. I think the most concerning aspects of the CMS AC is the case study. The information that I’ve been given on it is that it is a ‘research-based case study’. However, I cannot fathom what this case study could possibly be. If you or anyone in the TCLA community has any ideas about it, please feel free to share them.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

Rina

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    I attended the Links Open Day too :) Haven’t received an AC invite yet, so was thinking that maybe Links is sending out ACs for the Spring VS first
    Ah, sorry! My case is a bit particular so it won't apply to anyone else but maybe someone else who attended will know! That would make a lot of sense though.

Reactions: Lllaywer

Uvaia

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 31, 2022
    Reed Smith just sent me an invitation to take the situational strengths test (SST). For context, I submitted my application on Dec. 11th. On their website, it says only candidates who meet their "initial criteria" are invited to take the SST. Does this mean they read my application answers or just checked the academic requirements?

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Reed Smith just sent me an invitation to take the situational strengths test (SST). For context, I submitted my application on Dec. 11th. On their website, it says only candidates who meet their "initial criteria" are invited to take the SST. Does this mean they read my application answers or just checked the academic requirements?

Yep! It does - well done! I just got the SST too and applied on 13 October; and now it’s time for me to blow my chances completely because I suck at SJTs 🥳

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.